INTRODUCTION

Hi My name is Thomas and welcome to my blog. I have never done this before so it should a new experience for both of us. Me for writing it and you for reading it. On this blog I am going to share with you my experiences of being a dog owner and the trials and tribulations that I encounter on a daily basis. Firstly though a bit about my background. I work full time in a factory as an Operations Manager but in my spare time I devote a lot of energy into spending time with my lovely wife and our five dogs. I have always had dogs even when I lived at home with my parents. There was always a dog in the house. When I married nearly 30 years ago it seemed appropriate that I get a dog. We got Spice a medium sized brindle coloured cross breed from an animal rescue center in Glasgow. She was our only dog for the next 19 years until old age finally took her over and off she went over Rainbow bridge. Hopefully waiting in the meadow for me. After she passed away I vowed then never to get another dog the pain of losing her was too much. She went to sleep in the November and I lasted until March the following year before the urge to get another dog overcame me. My wife decided that she would like to join in and we decided to get a Labrador dog each. A boy for me and a girl for my wife. I carried out some research and eventually found a breeder in Ayrshire who had one male and four female pups for sale. I visited the breeder saw the parents and was happy to proceed with taking the male and one of the females. That was the start of an adventure which I am still on. We decided to take the pups to training classes. Something I never thought of doing with Spice. That was when my interest in training and behavior was born. Since then I have gained a teaching qualification through the British Institute of Professional Dog Trainers and a qualification on Canine Psychology with the Animal Care College. I am also a volunteer assessor now with German Shepherd Rescue - Scotland. I run my own One - 2 - One Basic obedience training business and have increased my pack now to five dogs. The two Labs, two medium sized cross breeds which we got from SSPCA and B.A.R.K. kennels in Berwick Upon Tweed, and a white Northern Inuit which came last from Dogs Trust in Glasgow.

I read and research anything and everything I can get my hands on about dogs and dog behavior which I find fascinating, and I enjoy nothing more than watching my pack interact and communicate with each other.

I will try to make this blog funny but educational. If anybody wants to know anything or would like me to discuss anything drop me a line.
Let me know what you think I love feedback.
So long for now.

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT IS THE BEST DOG FOOD?

ANOTHER DOG ATTACK

PREPERATION FOR A NEW ARRIVAL